Tuesday 19 January 2010

ABOUT INNOVATIVE CREATIVITY.

Please do not COPY or use any of my images on websites, blogs or any other media without my explicit permission. © All rights reserved.


LOVE KNOT

Pietà for HAITI



GIFT OF THE ROSE


SMILE

LILY'S PROFILE




TANGO DI MARE


CAN-CAN DE LOS CALAMARES


WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A TEXTILE ARTIST AND A PHOTOGRAPHER MEET?



Just another very personal deliberation and reflection on the matter.



Each time I think... that's it, there's only so much you can do with flowers, (which is only one aspect in my field)... and yet again and again, I'll see something new. I become inspired!
That is the ‘magic’ of the studio and lights, be it with flowers, people or other animals, lol!
Being creative is not a choice... it is an urge in me.

I can even experience it as a NEED?

I just HAVE to try something new... I’m motivated to be innovative once more!

I now have the expertise (technical, procedural & intellectual knowledge).

Let’s rock and roll!

I just read that:” It is often useful to explicitly distinguish between creativity and innovation.

Creativity is typically used to refer to the act of producing new ideas, approaches or actions, while innovation is the process of both generating and applying such creative ideas in some specific context.”

So does that make me an innovative creative? LOL.

I take photographs for self-fulfilment whenever I can. I test and challenge myself.

The lines and colours combined in a particular way, certain forms and relations of forms, I want them to stir the ALL IMPORTANT and often forgotten ingredient: our aesthetic emotions.

The photographer looks frantically for a 'model', because of course you have a creative idea, you are in a fever, a high state of excitement and can only relax... once you have taken the image, " you've got it in the bag!!!"

I forget time, day, night…I know neither hunger nor thirst. I am in my own world, nothing else matters, I WANT to see the end-result, the materialisation of the image I had in my mind’s eye, the creative idea my brain came up with.

It doesn’t always work first time, I have to live with ‘failure’ and review and rethink, sometimes for days… and ahem, patience is not my greatest virtue!

Then, in the silence of the night, that’s my peak time for ‘solutions’, it will come to me, but I have to sleep, work tomorrow, wait for the moment I can go back to it. aaahhh, the trials and tribulations of a photographer!

I use the title on purpose, I am a photographer!

I prefer my portraits and photos straight and 'uncooked', it is a personal preference.

I’ll write it again: Photography comes from the Greek φῶς (phos) "light" and γραφή (graphê) drawing with light", it is about composition, caring for your images!

In my humble view too many good images get destroyed in photoshop or the likes of it, too many gimmicks... Use it sparingly and carefully.

I also find it ‘fun’ to ‘play’ with a photo, try out things, of course, that’s how we learn, how we move on, renovate and innovate.

My problem lies with those who systematically over saturate, under or over contrast a photo, oversoften or oversharpen, plain OVERDO it.




Have a wonderful day and thanx for reading this, M, (*_*)


4 comments:

Beyond the obvious said...

Wonderful article. Absolutely spot on about creativity.

Love 'n Light said...

Hi Magda, I saw you on flickr (I'm natsnap on flickr)and thought I'd come by for a visit!
I'm relatively new to blogging.
I know what you mean about creativity, I'm not happy if I'm not creating something!
The worse part is that everything creative I see, I want to try!
Happy snapping!!!
LL Nat

David W Kelly said...

Words of wisdom. Thank you Magda. Your work is truly inspiring.

David W Kelly said...

Words of Wisdom. Thanks Magda. Your images are truly inspiring.