Thursday 29 November 2007

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

Please do not COPY or use any of my images on websites, blogs or any other media without my explicit permission. © All rights reserved.


I had to dig deep for that one, in every sense, it was a very special, moving and private moment.
Sometimes a unique and special moment presents itself in your life, it stays with you forever!
Once again it shows how important emotion is in an image... if you can capture it?
Wherever I upload this photo or show this to anyone, people respond to it in an overwhelmed and touched way, it leaves nobody untouched.

We had a photo gallery and it was just before Christmas.
I was doing the window dressing and had decided, since Christmas is greatly connected with children to use that as a theme.
I bought one of the electrical Santas holding a candle, moving his head, with a very kind and jolly face, totally new then, a huge success, kids kept dragging their parents to see it.
It was in the morning, cold and driftsnow flying, nobody in the streets yet, although the angels were already singing the carols over the tannoys.
Santa was doing his thing, I was giving the framed images a last wipe, when I heard a gentle thump and I looked up to see this sweet tender moment.
This elderly gent stood there, looking with the joy of a child in his eyes.
I grabbed my camera, I saw I had one shot on a 400 asa left to take this one off image, I also did not know how long he was going to brave the elements, turned out he gazed for quite some time.

ONE SHOT...

Always keep the child in a small corner of your heart, never let go of that wonderful feeling...

May your day be full of goodness, Magda (*_*)

1 comment:

Beyond the obvious said...

Another very touching article where you make poignant point.